Wednesday, March 08, 2006

4 weeks ago today...

At exactly this time 4 weeks ago today I was asleep and my surgeon was just about to make his first incision. The time since has mostly passed in a blur – but I guess that might have something to do with the drugs…

Time now is passing a bit slower – partly because hubby has now gone back to work and I am on my own in the house – actually, that’s not strictly true as I have my 2 cats to try and trip me up so I’m not alone. They are trying to be helpful I think as by trying to stay upright whilst avoiding them means I am learning to balance better (umm I think)! Actually (very sweet this) – every time I do something that makes me wince or swear a bit my little baby boy jumps up on my lap and nuzzles at my face to make sure I’m OK. Little baby girl is not so considerate - she just jumps on all my sore bits in bed which shows something (dunno what, but something!) – probably that I have more boy appeal than girl (pleased to hear it really!)
Cat 2 Cat 2

Being on my own is interesting – we have one of these long thin houses where the kitchen is out the back and must be at least 3 miles from the lounge (I know, I know I’ve been told a million times not to exaggerate) – at least that’s what it feels like when I try to get there with my crutches. Oh yes, and how do you carry coffee and toast while using crutches – answer – you don’t, you use your wheelchair and balance things on your lap. I’m finding ways round stuff whilst still only doing the minimum that I have to. Hubby is still trying to do everything and getting exhausted in the process – I can’t wait until I am fit enough to help him out a bit.

Anyway, finishing the rambling update – moving is getting easier. Nerve pain is under control until the painkillers wear off so I only get a couple of spells of an hour or so grimacing each day. Post operative pain is still sore but no longer agony. My left leg is marginally improved but that suits me fine – any improvement is good and its early days yet. My scar is looking good and it’s less than a week before I finally (hopefully) get my dressing off and can shower (yippee). So, all in all, I think I feel quite positive today! Happy 7

No comments: