Thursday, March 02, 2006

I have to tell you about my insides....yes really!

I hate to do this when you may have a sandwich in your hands (if you have, put it down, crumbs are bad for your keyboard!). Anyway, all prospective surgery people need to know this stuff so I will try and be gentle.

Anaesthetics mess up your toilet habits big time. In fact they stop you dead – add to that the fact that morphine slows your bowel down to a snails pace and you get a recipe for disaster and lots of money for laxative makers! I went 8 days before I went if you see what I mean and I needed help for that. My advice is this – the sooner they offer you something you can take orally to help you go then take it! Like many people before me, my experience in hospital was pretty unpleasant and at 3 weeks post op I am still sluggish – mind, I’m still enjoying a certain amount of morphine so I guess that doesn’t help – helps with the pain tho’ (mmmm, morphine….)

I will have more advice soon, but nothing else on a subject that I feel I have to be tactful about ……..Winking 4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been sick. I went off my anti-biotics because they were messing up my toilet habits even worse than the morphine was. It's terrible when you can't even wipe your own ass. pardon me there but it's the truth.

kat