Monday, March 06, 2006

Snap, Crackle and….

…Pop! My upper spine is making some very odd noises – not exactly snapping and crackling, but its been doing quite a bit of gentle popping – I’m not worried, as I’ve been told it’s quite common…and it doesn’t hurt. It is kinda odd tho’ and I can only assume its things adjusting to, and settling into their new position. I’d like to think I’m stretching out some more only that makes me sound like I’m not happy with growing only 2 inches – I know I always dreamed of being 5 ft, but I don’t wish to sound too grasping!

I’m glad my upper back doesn’t hurt – the rest of it screams loud enough to make up for it though. I’m just wondering where my magical 3 weeks is. I have been told that at 3 weeks everything starts to get better but at 3 weeks 5 days I’m not getting to feel that. To be fair at 3 weeks 3 days I managed to move a few times without wincing so maybe I am getting there! Seriously each day is an improvement on the last and something gets easier – at least the pain stops me from getting too active and dislodging all my hardware!

Bounce

One last bit of news, I went to see the nurse again about my chest drain site. It is looking much better with all traces of infection nearly gone (thank goodness). I still got a new dressing and a no shower instruction and have to go back next Tuesday. All being well, I shall climb into the shower next Wednesday morning and you won’t see me until Thursday….
Bathing(Yes, I have noticed that this is a bath but you get the idea!)

No comments: