Thursday, March 02, 2006

Nuts!!

Just got back from the surgery after getting my chest drain dressing changed (again). There was much over-enthusiastic tightening of the stitches in the hospital when my chest drain came out and when it was time for the stitches to come out they didn’t want to (come out that is). The nurse had a go and gave up – she called sister and she had a poke and pull too. After a few minutes she gave up and called the doctor who fiddled with scissors, scalpel and the like. At this point I am glad I can’t
  • a) feel too much in this area and
  • b) see what is going on.
Finally there is a muted yippee from behind me followed by a more muted swear word – umm, nurse, can we have some steri- strips in here please? So that was that, the dressing was changed 3 days later and now it has been changed again today but today it looks a bit infected so it was re-dressed and more steri-strips applied. As I said – nuts!

Of course, all this means that I still can’t take a shower (eew – 3 weeks now!) so I’m guessing before long any visitors will only contact me by phone……..
Telephone 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there I just wanted to let you know what a blessing your blog site has been to me. I found the scoliosis forum three days before you surgery and I have to admit to daily logging on and seeing how your doing. Your sense of humor, your husbands loyalty, your love for 24 etc...have all increased my enjoyment. I was scheduled for surgery this week on teh 20th of July. Thanks again and I'm still praying for you... Alissa