Wednesday, March 29, 2006

7 weeks post op today…..

….gosh, is it really that long? 7 weeks is almost 2 months after all. In some ways it feels a lifetime ago that I came out of surgery and then other times it feels like just a couple of weeks. How it varies depends on how much the pain impacts on what has become my daily life – although the situation of having hubby as my skivvy as well as working full time is only temporary (however tempting it is to let him keep up the good work!)

It really is all contrasts at the moment. Days like today, when I am sore, I wonder if I will ever get back to the way I was – actually I sincerely hope that I will be a new improved version of the way I was – and that’s without the liposuction or leg extensions! But then again, there are days like yesterday, when I felt like I was ready to rejoin humanity and get back to my life (or at least do so very, very soon). There seems to be no in between. I think there are some very simple equations that explain it all:

Today = feeling dodgy + extras painkillers + sleep = Feel good tomorrow
Today = feel good + extra walking + do extra + sleep = Feel dodgy tomorrow

Simple eh!?

On a different note, I cannot believe how many hits this blog has had and I just hope that reading my experiences is a help to others who are going through or about to go through this same op. Having said that, aren’t you all just bored of all my ramblings by now??

Yawn 2

One last thing, the www links page has been updated to include all the other links I have come across, rather than just those mentioned in the blog so far. I hope they are useful too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today = feeling dodgy + extras painkillers + sleep = Feel good tomorrow
Today = feel good + extra walking + do extra + sleep = Feel dodgy tomorrow


This is exactly it! Good equation...lol
I over did it the last few days with visitors and needing to cook a real meal etc that now today, I am hurting so bad I could kill someone.

Kat