Sunday, February 26, 2006

Drugs and flowers?

Well, I’ve now been home almost a whole 24 hours. I feel pretty good mostly. My mattress is much better than the hospital one but I don’t have a bed goes up, bed goes down at home so last night’s sleep was broken but not bad. Only one top up painkiller was needed so that says it all really. I did discover that my 12 hour slow release tablets work best if topped up every 12 hours (rather than 12 hours 24mins that they got this morning) – it was a useful (if painful) lesson.

I got a really nice lay in- none of this woken up at 6.30am by the change in nurse’s shifts before (joy of joys) being woken at 7 for breakfast, washing, bed changing etc all by 8 am. Eeek – as my pyjamas say – “I don’t do mornings!”

Anyway, I intend putting in all kinds of (maybe useful) comments and wonderings about my hospital stay and the surgery and stuff over the next few days. I expect it all to be pretty disjointed (just like my new spine – hee hee) but also want to keep everyone abreast of my current progress so I will try and continue with the daily updates to the blog.

One last point (for now) – I just want to say I can’t thank you all enough for all the wishes, cards and flowers. I got home from hospital and hubby had put all my cards out on shelves and it was such a nice sight that I felt quite emotional – and that was before the florist called! Thank you all so much for caring….I don’t think I will ever be able to express my appreciation enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! So glad to see you doing well. I just got home yeterday and don't feel much like writing yet but wanted to check on you right away. Hubby did such a good job posting for you!
Get some rest and feel better and yup, we are taller now...lmao

Kat