Saturday, February 04, 2006

Post surgery activities

I found this webpage with a great list of things that you can and can’t do after scoliosis surgery and when you can and can’t do them:

Post Surgery Activities

I’m amazed that I will be able to play tennis and baseball – it sounds like a tampax advert – you know, the “with tampax you can rollerblade” – strange, I couldn’t before! It’s nice to think that I will be able to have sex months before being able to do any hoovering (I will be quite happy if that turns into years as I find hoovering a real chore and that’s when I don’t move the furniture and only do the middle of the room!) I’m sure though, that I shall be itching to do a bit in the garden months before I am able. I guess my gardening activities will have to be limited to sitting on my swing seat, reading and sipping a nice chilled drink this summer. I know its months away but somehow that still sounds really good.


Anyway, to be serious about this, it’s really great that this list exists – before surgery you just have no idea of how long things will be restricted and it gives you some kind of general idea although it’s bound to vary from person to person. I guess I will just have to add my own dates here, as I go along…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahah, you're married, you will most definitely get it before me...lol


Kat