Monday, February 06, 2006

The waiting continues….

Well, here I am and if all goes well tomorrow at this time I will be sitting on a bed in some kind of ancient NHS ward in my (Victorian) hospital and probably wondering what I have let myself in for and where the nearest exit is! I still remain remarkably calm although I don’t have any fingernails left – nope, you’re wrong, it’s just that I cut them last night – (please note the following formula).
Long nails going into hospital + 2 weeks growth = some long bendy ones a-la Lo-pan in Big Trouble in Little China + lots of broken ones.

In no time at all I will be transformed into some kind of bionic robot type wonder woman able to leap tall buildings with a single bound (am I mixing up my superheroes here?)...........


Anyway, I have to say that I am by now getting the odd frisson of nervousness (great word frisson!) Actually, I’m not even sure that frissons apply to nervousness, just excitement and that is absolutely not what I am feeling! Mostly, they are all about what I have forgotten – you know, like that thing when you’re halfway to the other side of the country and wonder if you turned off the gas or shut the front door. Today I have been out and bought bendy straws ‘cos I forgot earlier and remembered that washing without a towel (well drying yourself anyway) is not good – directing the hand dryer to bits of my anatomy whilst wheeling a drip and creaking around the place in 101 stitches just doesn’t seem right – I’d rather go smelly (eew!). Anyway, I have now packed a towel so that’s sorted. I am also going to have to re-pack my bag at some point (and no, not to check that everything is in it that’s on my list) but because I went out today and fell prey to buying a new bag (well, my stuff has been in a carrier bag so I think it’s legit) – I’ll leave you all to guess the colour….

That’s me done then – just sitting around on my ample behind now and waiting to go in. - BTW - I could tell this smilie was me ‘cos the little legs don’t touch the floor! (You may have spotted I've had fun with my smilies today too!)

Just want to say a big thank-you to all of you who have sent messages and especially to those who’ve offered support and help to hubby. Big hugs all round....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm done and ready to go too. I forgot slippers though. I should get some wednesday or else I'm screwed come walking around the hospital time.
best of luck to ya girl, I'll be thinking of you. :)

Kat